Friday, December 16, 2011

The room of Blossy

Those of you that followed my now non existent reno blog, would know that I was pretty excited about doing Blossy's room.  I have to admit I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out even if I did rush it and complete the whole room in under a week.  I feel like everyone contributed to this room which makes it kinda special.  Grandma supplied a gorgeous piece of antique embroidery for the wall, Nan Nan painted the yellow feature wall, Aunty Dani supplied the gorgeous bunting and Tony made the mock window that sits above the bed.  Most of my inspiration came from the ever wonderful Pinterest, although I went a bit off track with the actual Manchester.  I originally wanted to use a vintage chenille bedspread but finding a decent one in Australia is next to impossible.  There are plenty in the US but postage is a killer!  When I saw this bedding from KAS I knew that near enough was good enough.  It's not Chenille but it's called the "vintage" collection, it has all the colours we were wanting to incorporate into the room AND it comes with a gorgeous crochet granny blanket.  What more could a girl want!

So other than a built in which will go in after Christmas, Blossy's bedroom is done!  I might add a desk as she gets a little bit older but right now I think room to play is more important.  Now on to the boys room!  Getting four boys to agree on one room is not going to be an easy task!

B xx








1 comment: