Saturday, December 31, 2011

The countdown is on...

In just a few more hours 2011 will come to an end and what a year it's been.  I couldn't say it's been particularly bad compared to other years but it's most certainly had it's testing times.  As I sit here surrounded by loved ones and happy in the knowledge that those I care for are happy and healthy and safe, I feel grateful.  Grateful for my wonderful husband and gorgeous kids.  They stick by me no matter what.  They love me unconditionally and they make me laugh when nothing else can.   Grateful for my friends.  Friends that have at times this year had to pick me up, dust me off and push me to find a direction and follow it.  Friends that have stuck by me, supported me and loved me for no other reason other than that they value our friendship.  I'm grateful for study.  Strange I know but studying has opened up a whole new world to me and while I'm still finding it a little daunting,  I'm slowly adapting to study and cramming, and essay writing again.   I'm grateful for new business opportunities and the support and help I'm receiving from a wonderful person behind the scenes (you know who you are!) to make it all happen.  Yep that's right,  there is a new business plan on the horizon.  It doesn't involve a camera but it does involve being creative and I hope more than anything that it's successful.  Only time will tell.  I'm grateful for new family members.  Earlier this year we got to celebrate the marriage of my wonderful sister in law to the man of her dreams.  Our kids adore him and "B" is a very welcome and appreciated new family member.  Speaking of new family members, I'm grateful for the opportunity to watch my gorgeous sister in laws belly grow and to know that in a few short months we'll be meeting another precious child.  He/she is already a much loved family member.   I'm grateful for new friendships.  Friendships that are now part of my everyday and I hope they continue that way.  I look forward to watching your successes, witnessing your dreams come true and sharing amazing experiences.   Lastly I'm grateful that although we experienced redundancy,  deaths of those close to us and disappointments we still loved, lived, supported and laughed.  I'm grateful this is my life and I'm grateful for the people I share it with.


Happy New Year and may you all have an unforgettable 2012.

B xx

ps- Every year for the past four or five years I have participated in the photo a day challenge for the month of January.  I wasn't going to do it in 2012 but decided at the last minute to continue the tradition.  So keep an eye out for daily updates.


We ask the kids to reflect on the year they've had as well as their goals and dreams for 2012.  They each wrote down their answers so we can go back in years from now and reflect on them.  A big thank you to Sharon for introducing me to this idea earlier today. xx  Oh and I realise there's a child missing but he didn't want to participate and we figured he's nearly 17 so we'll respect his wishes.









2 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful way with words - Happy New Year.
    And glad that the reflection thingy's worked out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I won't lie I did shed a tear or two! Happy ones of course!

    ReplyDelete