Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012 | Day 10

Today pretty much just continued on in the same way as yesterday.  It was hot, I did work, the kids spent all day in the pool and I'm pretty sure we could continue on like this forever.  It'll be over in a few short weeks and the school routine will slowly creep back in,  but for the moment  I'm happy to pretend that Summer lasts forever.  As I sit here blogging I can smell my neighbours bbq (and I secretly hope for an invite).  The kids across the street are squealing with absolute joy as they play in their paddle pool.  There's music playing softly in the distance somewhere and a warm breeze is blowing.  I know I've said it before but this right here is what I love.  This right here is what makes me happy and I can honestly say,  that at this very moment I am completely and utterly happy.  It's been a long time since I've felt this way but boy does it feel good to be back!  Another person who thrives on warm weather, sunshine and longer days is Charlie.  My muse.  This is the happiest I've also seen him in a very long time.  Previously he was stressed about school, friends, me (or lack of seeing me), pretty much everything.  He was averaging a migraine a week and sometimes more.  He would chew his fingernails down to the quick and his outbursts were frequent and totally irrational.   What changed?  He got a good teacher, I worked less hours,  he made good honest friendships and he learnt to cope with what bothers him.  Over the last 8 weeks I've seen a real change in him.  A real difference. Almost like he's grown into himself and the person he wanted to be.   He's now confident in himself, looooves school, is outgoing and extremely entertaining and as he sits in front of me with his summertime tan and his sunbleached hair with a sprinkle of freckles across his nose,  I can tell that Summer has been good to him too.

Day 10 is one of those special summertime kinda days.

B xx

Charlie summertime

2 comments:

  1. What a tan!!! Cool Charlie! - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous turn-around! No wonder you are feeling happy and at peace. I am so happy for him that things have turned around so positively - he is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete