Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24, 2012 | Day 24

The new school year didn't quite begin how I had imagined.  We woke up to torrential rain, an overflowing swimming pool that needed to be pumped asap and a flooding laundry.  Oh.joy!  Lucky for me, my wonderful husband looked after the pool and the flooding while I got the kids ready for school.  It was all chatter and excitement about new shoes, special yummy homemade lunches (ok, maybe I was more excited about my lunch efforts), seeing friends again and new teachers.  There was one negative though.  Here we are with the rain pouring down outside and  of course being the unorganised, last minute, never prepared person I am, we have no umbrellas (well ones that work) and no raincoats.  It's supposed to be sunny on the first day of school.  This is Queensland for heavens sake!  I even had to take my annual "first day of school photo" inside this year.  Sheesh!   Luckily, the rain stopped just before they left for school (although it's torrential again now) and hopefully everyone got there dry.  I'm going to miss them soooo much,  but  I can't wait to hear all about their first day when they get home this afternoon.

Day 24, A wet weather day.

B xx

First day of school 2012

2 comments:

  1. Quite an eventful start to the day!
    Its definitely been a wet summer this year hasnt it!
    Cute photo ... I hope they all had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy, I bet the house is so quiet now during the day.

    ReplyDelete