Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012 | Day 4

My grandparents have lived in the same house all my life.  In fact they've lived there nearly all my mum's life.  It constantly amazes me that so many memories can be stored in one single space but it's true, they can.  This house is like a vault of memories for our family.  A time capsule that releases forgotten or untold stories everytime we visit.  Every room, every corner of the yard, every picture on the wall.  They all hold precious stories and memories for my family.  Now as my grandparents regrettably  grow older and frailer, the idea of losing our time capsule slowly creeps into my mind.  I want to show my children how my childhood was spent climbing trees, swimming in the creek, picking mulberries and fishing.  I want them to form memories of their own at Gran's house.  So today we went there to visit  and the kids spent the morning climbing a tree that I too had spent many hours playing in.  It made me so happy to sit on Gran's swing on the front porch and watch them just as my mum had watched me.  I truly hope they get a chance to add their own memories to our time capsule.

And there ends a wonderful Day 4.

B xx

Day 4 | Making Memories
 

1 comment:

  1. The significance of this gives me goosebumps! So very special - for them and for you xx

    ReplyDelete